Jerusalem needs graphics help!

Request Ship Banners, Avatars (Limited), Icons and so on here.

Moderators: Demetri Ivanov, Kathleen O'Shea

Penta
https://cutt.ly/meble-wroclaw
Role: CO USS Jerusalem

Jerusalem needs graphics help!

Post by Penta »

OK all! So, with the recent joining of Dan (who's playing our Chief Security Officer), USS Jerusalem has 6 people playing. YAY!

This means her CO (me) is now looking from recruiting to all the tasks he should be able to do, but can't for reasons of RL disabilities.

Graphics is first among them, because IRL I'm blind in one eye and, associatedly, have hand-eye coordination deficits that make doing my own graphics basically impossible. (I have tried. I can't even draw straight lines or curves without them coming out as squiggles. Don't ask about my handwriting, it's embarrassing in print, let alone cursive.)

Jerusalem has nobody I know of with graphics/art abilities. I've asked every player as they come aboard, and they've all said no.

What we need done, in no particular order:
  • Mission Banner for our first IC mission, which I am temporarily calling "EXERCISE LION RAMPANT", which is ICly a series of exercises Starfleet Command is putting their new carrier through to make sure she's ready for real missions. This'll probably need to be done in a few versions: One for the Nova mission image, one for the image I'll plug in as part of the mission description in IFS, and one for ads on pbemplayers.com.
  • I have the bridge and all of Deck 1 (which I see as one big detachable module that can be swapped out from the rest of the ship, sort of) described in text. My players, from the XO on down, have been begging me for a floor plan illustration when I can find someone who can do it. I am now looking for that someone.
  • I have ideas as to the Jerusalem's badge (in other words, Jerusalem the ship has a coat of arms). I have actually gone so far as to describe it in text. Someone who can turn my text into heraldically-compliant graphics would be awesome, as it gives me more art elements to use on a currently art-sparse site. And even if I'm "visually impaired" (to put it mildly), I know how much players want sims not to be sparse with the art. (If they can draw up the Blazon, or the heraldic description, from my non-blazon description, that'd be awesome beyond belief, but it's not required in the least.)
This list could probably be added to, but those are the ideas I have at this moment. Before we go on...I will state honestly that I am not going to be finicky with copyright to any art you may create for me. If you want to use it in a portfolio, or reuse it for other projects, or whatever...That's fine. I can't offer pay (as in money), but I will gleefully refer people who do graphics for me to other folks who need graphics.

With all that said: If you want more info, or want to sign up for a given project on this list - post here, yes, if you want. I will PM in response. But you can also email me, too - my email address is my firstname.lastname@gmail. (Subject your email with something like "Jerusalem art projects" or something.) I'll post here when a project is firmly taken by someone, and if my crew suggests other art projects I could include, I'll reply to this post with those, too.
Characters currently in play:

CAPT John Williams, Commanding Officer, USS Jerusalem
CPT James Parker, Commander Theta Fleet Marine Corps

Contact me via PM for email address or IM info!