Introduce Yourself

A place for socializing. Take your shoes off and have a seat.

Moderator: Demetri Ivanov

Evangeline Hasegawa
https://cutt.ly/meble-wroclaw

Introduce Yourself

Post by Evangeline Hasegawa »

I guess I'll get things started. My name is Marcus. I have been with Theta Fleet almost since the beginning. I am a married (almost 16 years) Father of two (Boys, 14 and 11) and I have been simming since 2000. I started out in a group called UCIP (United Confederation of Interstellar Planets) doing mostly IRC (Internet Relay Chat) games. I moved to PBEM (Play by E-Mail) shortly after that. An entire task force (Task Group Zeta) decided that they would leave UCIP and start their own fleet. It became known as Sixth Fleet. I was part of Sixth Fleet for the entire 3 years of its life. Two of the three "Executive Authority" members got married somewhere along the way. Sadly, it didn't last and part of a very nasty divorce was the loss of the STTSF.com domain. The two members of the "Executive Authority" that were left chose another name and domain and the fleet changed its name to 14th Fleet. After several years with 14th Fleet, my wife and I, with another friend, grew tired of the tyrannical leadership in 14th Fleet and decided to strike out on our own. We gathered a few friends and started F.O.R.G.E. Fleet (Federation Ongoing Research and Galactic Exploration) with two ships and a starbase. One small factor that we never planned for was a way to deal with irreconcilable differences between the Command staff. We tried to remove the third member of the Command Staff and of course he didn't want to leave, so the whole house of cards came tumbling down. My wife spent some time away from Command and I bounced around between several smaller fleets.

2008 found me stumbling upon Obsidian Fleet. I spent most of 2008 and almost all of 2009 as a Commanding Officer of a sim that changed names and locations a couple of times and joining *way* too many other sims along the way.

In December of 2009 Obsidian Fleet decided that they were going to make a very unpopular policy decision despite the wishes of just about everyone that voiced an opinion. Many ships left Obsidian Fleet at that time or shortly there after. A few of those sims joined together and became Theta Fleet. Me and My wife followed some friends here (with our sims in tow) and the rest, as "they" say, is history.

I am currently the Commanding Officer of the U.S.S. Pendragon.

OK, that's me. Now it's your turn. Tell us about you, who you are, what makes you tick. Tell us your story. How did you get here, where did you come from?

Anyway, that's it. Let's see who else is out there.

Revah Kore

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Revah Kore »

An introductions thread! Shiny!

I'm Kelly. I'm from England, and I'm a total SF geek. I was invited to Theta Fleet by a former CO here after a less-than-successful stint in Obsidian Fleet. I have no idea about the politics there (or here, for that matter), I'm just around for the writing. I've got a background in original fiction, fantasy RP and the occasional bit of fanfiction. Outside of Star Trek, I've mostly played around in Tolkien's universe and Anne McCaffrey's.

My favorite authors include CJ Cherryh and George R. R. Martin. I love Firefly, Stargate SG-1, and Doctor Who, among other shows. Outside of SF fandom, I'm interested in anthropology, sociology and reading feminist blogs. I spend too long online, and drink way too much tea. I work in a nursery school and think 3 year olds are awesomely creative people.

Actually, trying to write about myself is rather difficult! That'll do. I love the idea of a TF forum and hope to post here a lot!
~ Linniva Addison ~ Kirsei Sokolova ~ Talri ~ Leila Asenath ~ Arilet Ketziy ~

Ongaku-Chi

Post by Ongaku-Chi »

RAWR!

It's me! Adam!(Among half a dozen other names I'll answer to.)

I'm currently the Commanding Officer of the USS <i>Edison</i>(Link in signature), and am a supporting character on many sims.

I'm a bit of a nutter. I don't know what else to say...

Favorite shows. That's something someone else used.

Star Trek, Star Trek the Next Generation, Star Trek Voyager, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, Doctor Who. That's about it, lately.

Also. Bazinga. (If you get the joke, I don't need to explain.)

Uhm....
Rawr?

James Wood
Commodore
Commodore
Role: Dir, Fleet Adv Tech

Post by James Wood »

Okay, 'NEXT!', I hear you cry!

I'm Andy. I play the Commanding Officer of the new USS Discovery, and have volunteered to take up the role of R/Adm. James Wood, the Fleet's R&D Officer. I've been with Theta Fleet since it's inception, or about three days after, when I was CO of the Republic. Before that the Republic and I were in Obsidian Fleet and left to become independent due to the stormy waters (that Marcus has mentioned) ahead; shortly after becoming independent our delectable DCinC talked me into coming to Theta Fleet which was just being born and I've been here since (notwithstanding a short break in 2010 due to everything getting in the way).

I'm also from England, about 200 miles north of Kelly, and I'm also completely fascinated by a lot of SF; but in particular Star Trek... right now I have a TNG Technical Manual in front of me in order to be a good engineer (for Charlie!), sad I know, but aren't we all?!

Andy

Forum Admin note: LIES! The chap below is the CO of the Discovery now :P

(edit)And, I give all my best ships to Ieuan.... (/edit)
Last edited by James Wood on Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------
Commodore James Wood
Director, Fleet Advanced Technology

Sam Foster
Commanding Officer, Renegade

Lieutenant Jack Miller
Chief Security/Tactical Officer, USS Jefferson

Doctor Matthew Burton
Chief Medical Officer, USS Aurora

Curzon Bennett
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Curzon Bennett »

Let's get some replies up in this .... thread!

Well. What can I say? I'm part of the hardcore cohort of Brits we have in Theta Fleet, though I don't come from England, I'm Welsh,and I rode in right at the beginning on the magnificent chariot that is the USS Republic, where I play the Chief of Intelligence, Curzon Bennett (his name, incidentally, is the most British). Recently I accepted Andy's offer of becoming XO on the Discovery, Piers Figes, where I'm now happily anticipating bending the ear of anyone who steps out of line.

Otherwise I run my own simm in Obsidian Fleet, where I stuck around, and am advancing up the admin structure steadily over the past few months. I'm also a member of a few other simms in low-key positions that make me all warm and fuzzy inside.

In Real Life I'm a post-grad history student with a rapidly-developing interest in the New Poor Law, and already developed interests in Labour Party and American history. I dispute that there is such a thing as too much tea, enjoy reading (science-fiction, fantasy, history and political science mostly), watching TV (DS9, the West Wing, The Thick of It and many more) and watching films. Oh, and political debating. I love that. Very relaxing. Especially when you see your opposition slowly boil in their own disbelief.

So yeah ... that's it. That's me. Awesome.
Commodore Curzon Bennett
Commanding Officer, USS Jefferson.
Captain Piers Figes
Commanding Officer, Starbase Phoenix.

Insert witty quote here...

Samuel Kelly
Role: Lt. Commander

Post by Samuel Kelly »

Ohai thar! [waves] Well it looks as if I might be a little late to the game, but better late than never I suppose. My name is Vince and I play Doctor Samuel Kelly, the Chief Medical Officer on board the USS Discovery. I've been participating in the online collaborative roleplaying universe of Star Trek for 17 years now. Most of this experience as been geared towards the Post-Nemesis era. However, I've also dedicated a small amount of time to the TMP-era as well. The Discovery will be the first TMP-era RPG I'll have participated in some time, but I'm exceptionally excited to be a part of it's well-rounded and diverse group of exceptional players.

As for real life, I'm the Lead Leasing Consultant for a luxury apartment home community abut fifteen minutes from downtown Denver, Colorado. I enjoy filling my spare time with a number of different hobbies and activities (which could fill up page after page), but I'll leave that for another entry. If any of you are interested in chatting, my contact info can be found within my forum profile page. I also have Facebook, so feel free to let me know if you'd like to be my friend. [grins]

It's a pleasure to be a part of Theta Fleet and the Discovery!

Take care, Vince
Lieutenant Commander Samuel R. Kelly, Chief Medical Officer
USS Nightingale, NCC-1910
Theta Fleet's Task Force 42, codenamed Centaur; Task Group 42-1, codenamed Cerberus

With loyalty will I endeavor to aid the physician, in his work, and devote myself to the welfare of those committed to my care.

Theta Fleet's one and only medically-centric role-playing game; the best medical drama ever told circa 2305. Oh, and did I mention it's an Oberth-class starship. I mean, come on! How epic is that?!

Skype with me! My handle is cuzinvinnie01.

Dominic McAllister

Post by Dominic McAllister »

I Guess I really am late to the party. oh well I have always strove to be fashionable.

My name is Joshua, and I Play such notables as Captain Dominic Allister of the Starbase Olympus the other 2304 simm in Theta Fleet. I also play LT. T'Pae, Chief Security/Tactical Officer on the USS Discovery, LT. Emmett Kellan, Chief Science Officer on Starbase Typhon, LTJG. Jorian Atrix, Chief Science Officer on the USS Palamedes and LT Cole Russo Chief Security/Tactical Officer on the USS Kilgharrah.

As far as Real life goes I work in a crappy hotel but hey it is a job and in this economy that is something.
I am an avid fan of Star Trek as well as Star Wars, Dr. Who, Torchwood, NCIS, Glee, Merlin, Body of Proof.

I Liked Commander and Chief, Birds of Prey, Jake 2.0, Dark Angel and Knight Rider and was livid when they were cancelled by their respective networks. Quality TV is so hard to find.

Kathryn Burke
Admiral
Admiral
Role: Admiral

Post by Kathryn Burke »

Hi, all!

I'm Charlie. Former DCinC, now Commander, Theta Fleet.
I'm also CO of the U.S.S. Calypso.

I've been simming for 2 1/2 years. I got started when my husband would read his posts to me. They sounded like fun and I wanted to play, too.
I started in Obsidian Fleet. I was on two of the first three sims that founded Theta Fleet. Jordan, then CinC, asked me to be DCinC when he had to go to sea and I've been here ever since.

I may be new to simming, but I've been playing RPGs since college and I've been a member of several Star Trek clubs.

In real life I'm a stay-at-home Mom who helps organize and run science fiction and fantasy conventions.

I write short stories and poetry on occasion and love simming!
Admiral Kathryn Burke
Commander, Theta Fleet

Jack Hawkins
Captain
Captain

Post by Jack Hawkins »

Greetings All -

I am Justin and I am the new CO of Starbase Typhon, the new TGCO of Gryphon, and in general a simulation terrorist. Just ask those I sim with. I have a very simple philosophy: "Anything for a Post."

Being new to Theta Fleet, I have found myself tasked with the pleasure of reviving Typhon. There are some players that have been unable to get into starbase simulations. I love them. I'm a nerd like that. I challenge everyone to take a spin on Typhon as it is the central base of Theta Fleet for the 2388 timeline.

A little about my simming background... I started simming in 1997 in a play-by-email fleet that I'm pretty sure no longer exists. I have bounced around from sim to sim, mostly independents but a few in Obsidian Fleet. Being a mostly independent simmer, I have experienced the pains of a lack of community. Over the past decade I have been offered various game master positions in various fleets and have turned them all down. I haven't been one who is terribly interested in fleet politics, but I am dedicated to the craft and I love helping other game masters developing their sims. In June, I talked myself into becoming the CO on Typhon and a month later I'm the new TGCO, so hopefully I'm doing something right. My style is a bit quirky. I've picked up things in the past fourteen years that I like to apply to my sims. Others in Theta Fleet have found them appealing. Two examples would be the word game (thanks Charlie for your assistance) and the localized monthly reports. If you like them, feel free to use them. If you don't, no harm no foul.

Outside of simming I've lived an interesting life. I have a bachelors degree in accounting, I'm two classes shy of a masters in business administration, and I'm currently starting my second year of a juris doctorate. When I finish the doctorate I will have also completed the necessary courses to complete the masters degree. Post graduation I will sit for the bar exam followed by the CPA. With that sort of background it should be no surprise that I love numbers and nuance, something I am bringing to the task of TGCO.

A few passions: Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk (both the song by Rufus Wainwright and the actual vices), reading case law, developing training materials, and running my own business.

Feel free to drop me a line.

Justin
Captain Jackson Hawkins
Commanding Officer - Starbase Typhon
Commanding Officer - Task Group Gryphon

Commander Genevieve "Vivi" Bourdeaux
Executive Officer - Starbase Olympus

Councilor Endaro Prix
Councilor of Risa - Shards of Polaris

Lieutenant Commander Preston Wexler
Mission Adviser - USS Calypso

Lieutenant Randolph "Lucien" Evans
Chief Flight Control Officer = USS Palamedes

Victor Fawkes
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Victor Fawkes »

Greetings, Programs!

I am Steve Harmon. I have been simming for three years. I have long been an avid role-player, having played D&D since the original book by Gygax came out. I am an actor for fun, a network admin by trade, and a writer by aspiration. Being involved in Theta Fleed allows me to keep my writing skills sharp, and my mind active. It also allows me to associate with good friends and good people.
SMH (AKA Victor Fawkes)