Introduce Yourself

A place for socializing. Take your shoes off and have a seat.

Moderator: Demetri Ivanov

Kathleen O'Shea
Commodore
Commodore
https://cutt.ly/meble-wroclaw
Role: CO: Starbase 80

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Kathleen O'Shea »

Hello. Just joined Inti Colony as Colonal Rosaleen McLaughlen, Marine Division CO. There is a good chance I may have another character here soon as well. Just have to wait and see...

I have been online simming for 15+ years. A majority of that time has been in Obsidian Fleet as a CO, TGCO, and a 3 year stint as R&D Director.

Married for 17 years with 4 kids. I own my own business doing portrait and wedding photography, and also dabble quite a bit in graphic design. I look forward to my time here, and hope to meet as many of you as possible.

Chris
Commodore Kathleen O'Shea
Commanding Officer
Starbase 80: New Frontier Station

Colonel Rosaleen McLaughlin
Marine Commanding Officer
Inti Colony

Commander Aoibheann McLaughlin
Deputy Director of Fleet Tech
Theta Fleet Headquarters

Kathleen O'Shea
Commodore
Commodore
Role: CO: Starbase 80

Post by Kathleen O'Shea »

And a bit more now. I also play Kathleen O'Shea, Commander of Starbase 80 which has just relocated to Theta Fleet in Area 51. Starbase 80 (a Stardock Class Starbase) is home to a specialized team known at the Federation Response Force. This concept is patterned of the real world NATO Response Force, a team which responds to all type of scenarios, from an initial military response to an attack on a Federation Member Planet or Colony, to major Humanitarian Aid missions in response to disasters both natural and man made. As a crew, we voted unanimously to relocate from Obsidian Fleet to Theta Fleet, and are very happy to be here as a member sim. We have been continuously running for over 6 1/2 years, and look forward to continuing our story here with you.

Chris
Commodore Kathleen O'Shea
Commanding Officer
Starbase 80: New Frontier Station

Colonel Rosaleen McLaughlin
Marine Commanding Officer
Inti Colony

Commander Aoibheann McLaughlin
Deputy Director of Fleet Tech
Theta Fleet Headquarters

Eliana Masters
Commander
Commander

Post by Eliana Masters »

Hello all!

I write as Eliana Masters, Director of Flight Operations over on Starbase 80. We're a recent transfer into Theta Fleet, so I thought that I would drop in and say hello.

I, too, was christened Chris, but I stick my last initial on the end just to avoid confusion with the other Chris. If it gets too complicated, don't blame me - blame my mother. :D

I've been simming in one form or another since 2006 with the vast majority of that time spent on ships in Obsidian Fleet. I have played all sorts of characters ranging from ship captains to lounge managers - it's all fun when you get to write with great people!

I look forward to meeting and writing with some or all of you. We share a great hobby, and I think TF is a great place to continue sharing and enjoying it.

Chris K

Vene_
Commander
Commander

Post by Vene_ »

Good Day,

My Name is Taylor and I am new to Theta Fleet. I am playing Commander Vene the Commanding Officer of the USS Islandica, which is a new simm to the fleet and has just started its recruitment today. I am very excited to get into the game with my crew and all of you.

I wanted to come on here and say hello with open arms.

A little about me. I have been simming off and on for about 9 years and I am currently going to school for social works. My name is Taylor however I am a guy i just want to toss that out now lol. I find males more difficult to play. Not sure why.

Any question for myself or about the Islandica (link below) feel free to ask me in a PM.

Thanks,
Taylor B.
Commander Vene
Commanding Officer
USS Islandica
http://islandica.thetafleet.net/index.php/main/index

jasoncollege24
Captain
Captain
Role: XO SB80

Post by jasoncollege24 »

Hello there,

Where to begin... Well I'm new to Theta Fleet as the XO, and CMO of Starbase 80. My name is Jason, but most call me Jay. I live on the USA east coast, I'm 36, and have been simming since I discovered the internet 18 years ago. :D I started out in what used to be Phoenix Defense Force, which was all PBeM. After that, I tried (and failed) to command a sim in OF, before joining another sim 10 years ago. I moved around through a couple sims, before I met Chris. I joined his sim some 6-7 years ago as his XO, and he's been stuck with me ever since.

I was also part of Epsilon Force, until it closed down. A handful of us sat down, and created 8th Fleet, which was recently dissolved to an alliance of independent sims. On that note, I am also the CO of an independent sim that I started not long after joining Chris' sim... at his suggestion no less :lol:

Being disabled, I kinda can't work. Most days I'm sitting at home messing with my computer, gaming, simming, reading, watching movies/tv. When it's needed, I also help administrate a couple different RPG servers. I've been a computer junky since I first found video games at 14, so messing with computers is a hobby of mine.

Enough about me! Enjoy the rest of your day! 8-)
Executive Officer - USS Islandica
http://islandica.thetafleet.net
A Corps of Engineers Simulation!
http://starbase80.com

Jessica Angel

Post by Jessica Angel »

I'm Marty, Director of Fleet Tech and Graphics Go-To Guy for the fleet's IFS.

I can do NOVA's header images if requested.

I play on the Alexandria, I command the Kamehameha, Archimedes and planning on rejoining a few Sims as I miss them and joining some others.

Happy to have you join us in the nuthouse I mean great community.

Penta
Role: CO USS Jerusalem

Post by Penta »

I suppose introducing myself would be a good idea, yes...

I'm John. I play John Penta (yes, named character after myself, I'm terrible at names and was feeling lazy) on the Ragnarok, where my character is a CO of a fighter squadron.

Stuff to know about me? Um...I'm not even sure where to begin. I started RP on MUSHes and MOOs at the ripe old age of 10...I'm just about to turn 31, so I've been doing this...probably longer than a lot of simmers have been alive, which terrifies me. I still help admin a MOO, Ansible MOO (based off of the novel "Ender's Game" and pointedly ignoring the movie), where I'm the newbie-helper head. Simming wise, I've been doing it in some form or another since about 2001, when I started out with a geopolitical sim known as World Alliances and Rivalries. That shut down in 2009 (basically ran out of steam), and by 2008 I'd begun to RP a fighter pilot on a Trek sim known as the USS Artemis (originally with Gamma Fleet, then independent), which wrapped up in August 2010. That's when I found Obsidian Fleet, where I've simmed continuously since. I CO a brand new sim over there (the Nova site isn't even done), but along the way I've played a Chief Intelligence Officer, a fighter pilot, CO'd a sim once before (it didn't really get off the ground; I will admit being...unskilled...at stuff like graphics and recruitment)...Let's see, over in OF I've served on JAG until recently, as an AJAG (about which I can say, if you had to encounter me, I promise it was never personal from my end), I help out with the worldbuilding stuff, and I try to help out with R&D over there.

Over here, I wouldn't mind at all helping out with worldbuilding, though I will admit being very (how do I put this) opinionated about some things in Trek canon.

In real life, I've trained to be a paralegal, but (since I live in New Jersey and the job market is crap) I'm unemployed. I'm also disabled IRL in a few ways, which doesn't help at all. In short: I have *tons and tons* of time on my hands, usually. Hence why I'd love to help with worldbuilding and such: While 2 sims in Trek (one of which being my own) is really my limit, I wouldn't mind other ways to keep myself active and thinking and stuff.

Since I'm throwing everything but the kitchen sink at this, I'll just...be quiet now...and go sit in the corner....Yeah....
Characters currently in play:

CAPT John Williams, Commanding Officer, USS Jerusalem
CPT James Parker, Commander Theta Fleet Marine Corps

Contact me via PM for email address or IM info!

jagsthepanda

Post by jagsthepanda »

Hello!

My name is Zu Ren Goh and I play Lt. Cmdr Dorian Marshal, CAG on the USS Ragnarok. I'm 32 years old and I've been simming since I was 16 years old, my first Sim being the USS Horizon. I've been with many fleets but most recently Obsidian Fleet where I've played almost every single department except CO and XO. I currently live in Guangzhou, China which makes it a bit difficult to get on some websites and even conduct quick back and forths for JPs but I make it work somehow. I don't remember a time where I didn't love Sci-Fi (star trek predominantly) but I've always sought to find ways to bring tech from other Sci-Fi into Star Trek to improve on it.

I'm always up for new challenges and discussions about Star Trek!

qazzy
Commander
Commander

Post by qazzy »

Maybe I should read through the forums more often :S But here goes,

Hey everyone, I'm Leland, the CO of the Endeavour which hides out in Area 51. I'm 31, live in the south eastern US (whispers: Arkansas, but I'm from Louisiana) I've been gaming ever since I can remember, but I've only been simming since 1996-1997. I first started out in what was once the great and almighty UCIP (I think it's been previously mentioned) and I officially withdrew from the group in 2011-2012 due to....reasons, but I've also been in other groups like Obsidion Fleet (briefly), UCF (kinda still there, but I'm not very active, I just pop in when I'm needed which isn't much), Bravo Fleet briefly before the sim I joined was shut down, New Star Simulations, Nova Simulations (both of which no longer exist), FSF, Gamma Fleet (shudder) and a horde of other groups and independent sims over the years. In addition to simming I also have a love for old school gaming, like D&D (and before someone asks, 1stE was ok, I like 2ndE, I LOVE 3.5, and everything else published since is NOT D&D but a more expensive pretty version of Pathfinder :P) and I've played a few other table tops like Star Wars, Deadlands, Star Trek, and a ton of others.

When I'm not simming, or working (which is all the time), I enjoy my Xbox (I'm really limited on what video games I play, I've been playing Skyrim ever since it came out although I've taken a break for Metal Gear G-0 and Diablo III) and reading. By far, my favorite authors are RA Salvatore (although he's not as far up the list as he once was, something about always killing characters over and over), David Weber, Timothy Zahn, and of course John Ringo.

And for some reason, I hit a brick wall on trying to think of what else to put in here.....
Capt Alistar McKeon, CO, USS Endeavour, TGCO, 23-2 Phoenix
Capt John Theisman, CO, USS Hyperion
LtCmdr Li Antos, XO/CSEC-TAC, USS Zephyr
Lieutenant Sultana Wolff, CEO, USS Missouri

Lucas Walker
Captain
Captain

Post by Lucas Walker »

Well, let's see. My name is Vernon. I've been simming for a little over 25 years, all Star Trek. I currently play Captain Lucas Walker, CO of the USS Winchester. (Still looking for one player before we go operational, btw). I am married (35 years), two kids, three grandkids and one on the way. I am a Kitchen Manager for an elementary school in my local school district, and teach Adult Sunday School at church. If you want to know anything else, drop me a line...glad to be here....